What It Says
- The writers of this book, Paul and Timothy, prayed for other Christians. They wanted to see their spiritual growth flourish. So, they made their requests be known to God.
And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. 11 May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. – Colossians 1:9-12
- God delivered us from darkness and transferred us to His Kingdom.
He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. – Colossians 1:13-14
- Just like all of us, the Colossians were sinful. And so God used His messengers, Paul and Timothy, to deliver the message that they needed repentance.
- Paul & Timothy encourage the Colossians to continue in faith.
What God Does For Us
- God reunites perfect fellowship with His people. And He makes peace by the blood of Jesus upon the cross.
- By His death, Jesus reconciled us to Himself.
- Spiritual and physical growth comes from God. Our Father in heaven grants us this, and it is by His power and His choosing that He made this known to us.
Suggested Application/Spiritual Growth
- Make a list of Christians around you. Include your Church Family, Trusted Christian Friends, family, and any other people who have made a commitment to Christ.
- Using that list, pray for those Trusted Christian Friends (or family members). You can do it before, during, or after your Bible reading time. Ask God to grant them the knowledge of His Will. Pray that they will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord.
- Give thanks to God for sending His Son to die for you forgiving your sins.
- Continue in your faith in Jesus Christ.
- Don’t be deceived by philosophy and emptiness.
- Hold fast to the Head of the Body of Christ, from whom the whole body grows.
Join the Conversation:
In what ways are you thankful for your Trusted Christian Friends?
–Mark and Rachel Shaw (thankful for daily accountability)